Metro Manila · Chicken Pork Adobo
Adobo is the most typical Philippine dish. The term generally describes a traditional cooking process in which meat, vegetables or seafood are marinated and simmered in soy sauce, vinegar, oil and garlic. Here is how to prepare Chicken Pork Adobo, one of the most popular Adobo versions.
- 1/2 Kg of pork
- 1/2 Kg of chicken (both in pieces/cubes, or ask for "adobo cut")
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- some oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar (white or sugar cane)
- A handful of baby potatos, cut in half (optional)
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar and pepper and marinate the meat for at least half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the garlic until it is slightly brown.
- Add the potatoes (optional).
- Add the marinated meat and fry it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the marinate and, if necessary, some more soy sauce.
- Let it simmer for half an hour or so, until the meat is tender.
- Serve the meat and the marinate hot with rice.